|About Cobwebs|||||Awards|||||Newsletters|||||Cobfriends|||||Videos|||||In The Press|||||Who's Who?|||||What Makes The Cobweb Orchestra Itself|
CobfriendsCobfriends exists to support The Cobweb Orchestra and it's objectives are:
- to support music making in the area
- to support the musical development of individuals, groups and organisations in the area
Cobfriends has been in existence since 2003. Our funding comes from your weekly tea and coffee money and occasional low profile fundraising activities.
Anyone who attends a Cobweb group or event is automatically a member. Each Cobweb group has either one or two Cobfriends’ committee members and the committee works mostly by e-mail with an annual meeting at one of the events. If you don't know who your representative is, please ask.Cobfriends currently has 3 obvious areas of activity:
- Arranging for cards, flowers etc. to be sent to members or guest artists as appropriate.
- Occasional provision of items for Cobwebs e.g. the conductor’s podium, marquee and in 2011 the purchase of a piece of music still in copyright which will be added to the library.
- The provision of bursaries to keep you merrily playing away.