The Cobweb Orchestra is a registered charity. We are always grateful for support in it's various forms.
You can help support Cobwebs in the following ways:
- spreading the word: tell your colleagues, friends, relatives - anyone you think might be interested
- help in kind: promotion, venues etc.
- make a donation
- sponsor us
- hire the Cobweb's Marquee for a day
- have a clear out and find a new home for your clutter in exchange for a donation to Cobwebs
And of course you can support us by bringing your instrument and joining in!
If you would like to support The Cobweb Orchestra please get in touch.
As a registered charity, we are able to claim Gift Aid on donations. Your Gift Aid declaration will make a significant addition to our income, and help us to maintain and extend our current programme of events. We can only claim Gift Aid from people who pay tax at the standard rate (or above) and who have completed a Gift Aid declaration form.
The Trustees of The Orchestra would be grateful, therefore, if you are a taxpayer at the standard rate or above, if you would complete and return the Gift Aid declaration which is available to download from the About page.SPONSOR A PIECE FROM OUR LIBRARY
Have you ever wondered what happens to The Cobweb Orchestra’s music when it’s not being played?
It lives on 5 long shelves in what I used to call my garden room but might better be called something else now.
Most of the music is in sets (though there are some sheets of music which have wandered). In each set of music, the parts are kept in plastic wallets inside a packet of some sort.
At present on the list there are over 300 separate pieces of music, and the number grows almost daily, it seems. It’s a big but absolutely vital job to maintain the music, because without it we couldn’t afford to play the exciting repertoire that we do.
- £30 to download a Beethoven Symphony from the internet
- Almost £10 to buy a box of plastic wallets
- About £100 to buy a tone poem by Strauss or Stravinsky
- And as for ‘Rite of Spring’ – now who wouldn’t love a go, at £600 a throw?
We’d like you to donate some money to help to care for our music. You choose a piece of music you like, make your donation, and we will make sure that:
- the piece has your name on it
- it’s kept neat and tidy (new packets, labelled wallets)
- once a year a draw will be taken from all the sponsored pieces of music; the winner of the draw will be invited to hear their piece of music played informally, probably at one of the Orchestra’s regular group rehearsals
- you receive a copy of each Cobwebs Newsletter so you can keep up-to-date with what Cobwebs are doing, together with a short letter telling you about any library developments
- you are invited to Cobwebs social events as our special friends and guests
- you have that warm glow of satisfaction that you are helping us in the very important task of looking after our music